Production Management Intern
Production Management Intern
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is a grower, packer, and shipper of citrus and is a leader in today’s agriculture industry. Bee Sweet Citrus Inc. is a family owned and operated company, providing over 10 different varieties to its consumers. Located in the heart of California’s Central Valley, Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is focused on innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
Bee Sweet Citrus is seeking an optimistic, committed, and motivated student who is currently studying Agriculture Business (or other related degrees), to engage in the management of its fresh citrus production lines. This internship will require a minimum of 20 hours a week, in order to obtain the wide-ranging experience needed to succeed in this internship. Internships typically last three months, however, this internship may be extended based on your 90-day evaluation.
We offer hands-on experience to ensure you receive the maximum of knowledge while shadowing an experienced production manager. During your first week at Bee Sweet Citrus, you will follow a rotating schedule where you will learn all of the company’s departments and processes.
- You will be partnered with an experienced production manager to ensure we continue to produce high-quality fruit to our customers
- Assist with the management of several employees including packers, graders, machine operators, and forklift drivers.
- Assist the production manager on ensuring company’s policies are being followed
- Assist management with the enforcement of our food safety and general safety programs
- Oversee state-of-the-art machinery and equipment to ensure efficiency with the assistance of the production manager
- Communicate with leadership to present new ideas and streamline processes
- Assist with providing day-to-day reporting to upper management and sales team to ensure production facility is running efficiently
- Identify and resolve problems timely and efficiently while providing guidance and training to the production team
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge of quality control and other techniques to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Understanding of quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently and in a team setting
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Must be able to think rationally and apply logic during high-stress situations
- Must be able to adhere to process protocol
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment
- Enrolled in an accredited university or college
- AG Business majors or related degree
- $16.50 per hour
- Health wellness program that covers regular doctor visits, eye exams, etc. with only a minor copay
- Scholarship Opportunities