Production Management Intern
Bee Sweet Citrus is seeking an energetic, motivated student who is currently studying Agriculture Business (or other related degrees) to engage in the management of its fresh citrus packing lines. Interns will be responsible for the sorting and packing of over one million cartons of fresh California citrus.
Responsibilities & Duties
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting management with the supervision of packers, graders and general labor for the packing of fresh citrus products
- Assisting management in the operation of Bee Sweet¡¦s state-of-the-art equipment
- Assisting management with implementing modern food safety requirements
Skills & Other Technical Knowledge
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and independently
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company¡¦s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively with coworkers both written and verbally
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred
***All Bee Sweet Citrus internships are paid
About Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc.
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. – a family owned and operated company – is proudly located in Fowler, California. Our facility, which is over 420,000 square feet, conveniently sits on 46 total acres adjacent to CA Highway 99.
Our production facility currently includes four separate pack lines (navel, lemon, mandarin, and specialty), a standalone wash line, and three distinct bagging lines. Our state-of-the-art optical graders and sizers allow us to grade and size citrus with precision, and our advanced laser Brix system allows us to additionally sort by sweetness and density. The facility features 71,000 square feet of cold storage and 31 “degreening” rooms.
Bee Sweet’s shipping department ships an average of 125 trucks daily throughout the United States, and overseas through export. Our management team is onsite in our 12,000 square foot office complex that is adjacent to our packing facility.