Senior Farm Manager
Senior Farm Manager
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is a grower, packer, and shipper of citrus and is a leader in today’s agriculture industry. Bee Sweet Citrus Inc. is a family owned and operated company, providing over 10 different varieties to its consumers. Located in the heart of California’s Central Valley, Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is focused on innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is looking for an optimistic, committed, and motivated candidate who has at least 5 years of farming experience managing employees, ranch productivity, tree health, and budget. This individual must have a strong agricultural background and have a knowledge of farm machinery and farm management operations. This job will require traveling from one ranch to another which will require a valid California driver’s license with a clean DMV record.
Duties / Responsibilities
Job duties include but are not limited to, the following:
- Report directly to the Farm Director
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day assignments of farm managers, inspecting work performed for accuracy and performs related duties to verify manager adherence to instructions, making necessary changes as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple locations comprised of several thousand acres of citrus
- Work with ranch manager to execute and manage all farming activities including daily irrigation system scheduling, operation and maintenance, as well as fertilization, pesticide applications, pruning, and pre-harvest activities.
- Lead all redevelopment projects in collaboration with several departments within Farming.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to recruit, train and develop the Farming Department.
- Capture details of personnel actions such as performance evaluations, hires, promotions, and disciplinary actions and report performance to management
- Provide effective financial planning and ranch budgeting
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team.
- At least 5 years of agriculture background.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Business Management or related field
- $100,000 -$115,000
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Industry-leading health, dental and vision insurance and health wellness program that covers regular doctor visits, eye exams, etc. with only a minor copay.
- 401(k) retirement with guaranteed matching contributions